One in three people who have COVID-19 show no symptoms – they are asymptomatic and this is what Rapid Testing is designed for.
Rapid testing complements the testing for people with COVID symptoms and aims to identify people with COVID that we don’t know about.
We are therefore encouraging people who need to leave home for work to book a rapid test regularly.
How can your business help?
Support us in finding positive cases so that the chains of transmission can be broken and we can continue to work towards returning to normal life as soon and as safely as possible. Depending on the number of people you employ the following options are available:-
- Less than 50 employees:
- Use our community sites for members of staff that need to leave home to work for testing every 3-5 days. Visit the Telford & Wrekin Rapid Testing website for more information on Lateral Flow Testing.
- Between 50 and 250 employees:
- Where possible set up onsite testing. We have been working with employers since December to encourage staff to get tested regularly. We now want to work with employers to offer support and advice for businesses wishing to deliver onsite testing as well as offering the Council testing programme for businesses not delivering testing themselves. Complete our rapid testing survey for businesses for more information on the Council's testing programme.
- 250+ employees:
- How can we help you set up at work testing? Are you already doing it? Complete our rapid testing survey for businesses to get in touch for more support.
The Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs) tests used are similar to home pregnancy tests. They take less than 15 minutes to administer and around 30 minutes to produce a result as they don’t need to go to a lab to be processed. The test involves people taking their own throat and nose swab and passing it to a testing operative, who will process the results. The results link directly into the national NHS Test and Trace system.
Around 1% of people will have a COVID positive test result and if this happens they need to return home to self-isolate immediately.
Telford & Wrekin Community Testing Programme
In partnership with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) the Telford & Wrekin Community Testing programme started in mid-December at the hub Testing Centre at The Place, Oakengates. Two new spoke sites have now opened at Cosy Hall in Newport and the Anstice in Madeley. The sites operate testing on office hours, evenings, weekdays and weekends and offer tests to those aged 16 and over. In addition, several community pharmacies are now offering testing across the borough to people aged 11 years and over. Visit the Telford & Wrekin Rapid Testing website to book a rapid test and further information on the testing process will be issued as part of the booking and registration process.
Other useful links:
- visit the GOV.UK website for more information on the understanding lateral flow antigen testing for people without symptoms
- visit the GOV.UK website for more information on community testing: a guide for local delivery.
Last updated: 20/08/2021 12:43