Rewards and benefits
As a council employee, you are entitled to a range of excellent terms and conditions.
All new employees will receive a structured induction that ensures they are able to understand the organisation and their role in it.
The induction process is about:
- helping employees settle into their new environment and their responsibilities
- engaging new employees in our Vision and Values, HR practices, health and safety rules and of course the job they are required to do
- however, it is more than skills and knowledge training' it is also about the basics that seasoned employees all take for granted: working patterns; where the photocopier is; routine for holiday booking and recording sickness; dress code etc.
Employees will be provided with opportunities to shadow and co-work as part of their induction where possible.
We want our employees to feel engaged and involved so realised that communication is key to this. We have a variety of communication methods for sharing key messages with our staff and all staff will receive regular briefings from their manager as well as information from:
- online staff and manager briefings
- team briefs
- weekly staff news
- internal intranet
- ‘Ask Me Anything’ sessions with the Chief Executive.
Last updated: 28/07/2021 16:17