Telford & Wrekin Council is to provide 100 work placements for young people in 2021 as part of the Government's nationwide £2 billion Kickstart scheme.
The Kickstart scheme aims to create job opportunities for young people who are:
- aged 16 to 24 years
- at risk of long-term unemployment
- in receipt of universal credit
- under the supervision of a Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) job coach.
The Kickstart offer:
- participants will be paid age related minimum wage
- job roles must be new and not replace existing roles
- minimum of 25 hours a week paid employment which will be fully funded by Government.
Job placements will be available across the Council for example customer services, business admin, environmental, schools and also outdoor work.
You can find below a list of the type of placements which are currently available:
- Highways Administration Assistant - Balfour Beatty
- Commercial Assistant - Balfour Beatty
- Assistant Support Worker
- Project Management Assistant - Balfour Beatty
- Highways Operative Assistant - Balfour Beatty
- Assistant Supervisor - Balfour Beatty
- Cleaning Assistant
- Caretaking Assistant
- Project Officer - Mental Health team
- Business Support Assistant- Child in Care and Leaving Care
- Business Support Assistant- family solutions team
- Customer Service Assistant - contact centre
- Town Park Ranger
- Leisure Customer Service Role Town and Ice Rink
- Leisure Assistant - various sites
- Leisure Customer Service Assistant Wellington
- Community Hub, Shop and Cafe Assistant
- Balfour Beatty Project Administrator
- Business Support Assistant- Fostering Service
- Project Officer Housing Solutions
- Outdoor Education Assistant - Shortwood/Arthog
- Customer Service and Administration Assistant (planning)
- Healthy Spaces Assistant
- Highways and Transport Assistant Engineering Technician
- ICT Assistant - St Lawrence School.
These roles are likely to be updated as we add new Kickstart opportunities over the next 12 months.
The posts will be offered on a 6 month fixed term contract so there could be turnover in some roles over the 12 month period. Participants will be employed on Telford & Wrekin Council terms and conditions and therefore will be required to comply with our policies of employment.
Weekly information sessions
If you'd like to find out more why not join the weekly Kickstart information session. These take place every Wednesday between 10am and 11am for anyone who is interested in a Kickstart role. The session will include details of what roles are on offer, how to apply plus some interview tips. Visit the Job Box website to get in touch with the Job Box team to book a place.
If you believe you meet the criteria outlined at the top of this page and you are interested in applying for a Kickstart placement at the Council please speak to your job coach.
Your job coach will confirm your eligibility and you will then need to complete the online application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form.
If the Kickstart role you are applying for requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), then the relevant identification should be available at interview stage. Visit the GOV.UK website for a full list of identification for a criminal record check.
If you are not currently able to apply for a Kickstart placemen but you would like further support to find a new job you can Visit the Job Box website get in touch with the Council's Job Box team.
If you have any questions about the Kickstart Scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 04/06/2021 12:15