The Council is committed to creating a fair and equal environment for all residents, workers and visitors to the borough.
As a public authority we utilise a vast range of information and data sources to influence our decision-making and to make sure we take our residents, visitors and employees needs into consideration.
It is the aim of these pages to show what information we use to make our decisions and how we use it.
An additional aim of providing this information is to identify actions that will have a positive impact on the lives of individuals over the medium term. To meet our specific duties under the Equality Act 2010 we are required to have at least one (or more) equality objectives.
You will find information about:
- Our Equality Policy - The policy outlines our commitment to Equality and Diversity and is integrated into our Co-operative Values.
- Our Equality Objectives - These objectives are focussed on educational attainment that have a significant impact on long term inequalities within the borough.
- Information about Telford and Wrekin - facts and figures including demographics of the borough.
- Information about our employees - we are a large employer in the local area and produce an annual workforce report showing demographic information about our employees and steps we take to ensure fair employment. We also produce a Gender Pay Gap report and send information into the Gender Pay Gap Service.
- Tools we use to make our decisions - such as the impact analysis that utilise evidence and experience of officers to interpret the information.
If you have any questions or require assistance to access this information, for example alternative formats such as audio or large print, please contact us.
Last updated: 12.20pm on Thursday 11 April 2019