Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Business rates refund

You may be entitled to claim a refund if you have overpaid your business rates. This could happen if you have, for example:

  • moved address
  • been awarded a relief or an exemption
  • the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) have reduced the Rateable Value (RV) of your property.

Where you will be due a refund because you have moved or something else has changed, you will first need to tell us about your change of address or about the change in your circumstance.

Complete our online form to tell us about a change in your circumstances

Where you remain liable for business rates at another property within Telford and Wrekin, any credit will be transferred to a business rates account that has an outstanding balance. A revised business rates bill detailing new instalments will then be sent to you.

Refunds of business rates are usually paid directly into the bank account of the person(s) or business whose name is on the business rates bill. Evidence of the bank account number and sort code will be required before the refund is processed.

Complete our online form to request a business rates refund

Last updated: 15/08/2022 11:08

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact