Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Appeal your Penalty Notice / Penalty Charge Notice

If you don't think you should have been given a penalty charge notice, the first step is to appeal the issuing of it. If you intend to appeal, please don't make or send payment. A payment will close the case down and you will no longer be able to appeal.

To appeal a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), you must include the following:

  • your full name and postal address, including postcode
  • the PCN number, which must be quoted on all correspondence
  • your vehicle registration mark
  • the reason why you think the contravention didn't occur
  • any written evidence to support your case.

You have three opportunities to appeal, depending on its stage of progression:

  • Informal Challenge - to be made prior to the issue of a Notice to Owner (NTO), If you make your challenge within 14 days of the date on which the PCN was issued, and your challenge is rejected, the discount period will be reset for a further 14 days from the date of the rejection letter
  • Representation - to be made after the issue of a Notice to Owner, if the PCN isn't responded to within 28 days of the date on which it was served, a NTO will be sent
  • if your representation is rejected (Notice of Rejection) you will be provided information on how to formally appeal to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT), this will give you 28 days following the service of the NOR to make your appeal.

View our parking enforcement operational guidance.

Make your challenge or representation online

or by writing into:

Telford & Wrekin Council Parking Office
PO Box 3584
SN15 9EF.

Last updated: 31/01/2023 12:03