Bookstart is a national programme that encourages all parents and carers to enjoy books with their children from as early an age as possible.
Bookstart aims to provide a free pack of books to every baby in the UK, to inspire, stimulate and create a love of reading that will give children a flying start in life. But most of all we want to show that books are fun.
- Bookstart packs for babies - (0 - 12 months)
- My Bookstart Treasure Pack - (36 - 48 months). Telford & Wrekin Libraries are currently gifting Treasure Packs to children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014. This is through your child's pre-school setting.
- Booktouch - A free pack of books and guidance materials that aims to give a love of books to blind and partially sighted children - Booktouch Baby (0-2 years) and Booktouch Toddler (3-5 years)
- Bookshine - A free pack of books and guidance materials aiming to encourage a love of books in deaf children - Bookshine Baby (0-2 years) and Bookshine Toddler (3-5 years)
- Bookstart Star - A free pack of books for children with conditions affecting their fine motor skills (3-5 years).
For more information visit the Bookstart website
Bounce and Rhyme
We have a regular programme of Bounce and Rhyme sessions in our main libraries.
Nursery rhymes, actions, musical instruments and hand clapping games for babies and toddlers, and their parents and carers. Introduces children to books in a fun way and teaches adults different ways of sharing their reading skills with children.
See our What’s on for details.