Latest update 12 January 2018: Following a vote of the Full Council, on 11 January, the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011- 2031 was adopted and can now be used as the basis for planning decisions and future development in the Borough. Download copies of the documents:
- Adoption Statement Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031
- Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031
- Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map - Borough Wide
- Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map - Telford
- Sustainability Assessment (SA) / Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Adoption Statement and corresponding documents examination Library documents A3, A3a, A4, and L2.
The Adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 Policies Map can also be viewed using the interactive map version.
If you encounter any problems downloading the adoption documents please contact the Environment & Planning Policy Team on 01952 384241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparation of the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan
During November 2017, the Council received the Planning Inspectors report and the Local Plan was found 'sound' subject to modifications.
The Telford & Wrekin Local Plan 2011 - 2031 was submitted on 30 June 2016 to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination, in accordance with Section 22 of The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. Planning Inspector Mr Michael J Hetherington BSc (Hons) MA MRTPI MCIEEM was appointed to examine the Local Plan.
The examination hearings of the Telford & Wrekin Local Plan were held during January and February 2017.
Please view the 'Examination Library' for details of the submitted documents, supporting evidence and comments made during the examination.
To view previous consultations please visit the Planning Policy Consultation Portal.