- We are currently experiencing a higher than normal demand for copy certificates. Please bear with us at this very busy time.
- As a result of this we have temporarily suspended issuing Priority Certificates.
- If you need to order a certificate more urgently, please do so via the General Register Office website.
How to apply for a copy of a certificate
The Telford & Wrekin Registration Service can only issue certificates for events that took place in the Telford & Wrekin district.
Visit the GOV.UK website and use the online postcode checker if you are unsure where the event took place
Visit the Shropshire Council website to obtain your certificate if you were born in Shrewsbury
Complete our online form to request a certificate
You will be asked the following details:
- your contact name, address and telephone number
- the full names for the certificate required
- date of event (birth / marriage / civil partnership / death)
- place of event (birth / marriage / civil partnership / death).
Please note: Payment will be taken upon application and is non-refundable. If we do not have your certificate we will not issue a refund. Please ensure that you apply only if the event took place in the Telford and Wrekin district.
If you prefer, you can also order a copy certificate directly from the General Register Office.
Visit the General Register Office to order a copy certificate
Last updated: 03/01/2023 12:56