Unlock your potential with the Young Person Grant!
Whether you are looking to learn a new skill, start up a business, or simply need the right equipment to help you on your pathway to success, the Leader and Cabinet Members’ Young Person Grant Scheme is here to help. We believe in investing in our young people to help you achieve, no matter your circumstances. The Leader and Cabinet Members Young Person Grant Scheme 2024 runs from 1 December 2023 to 5pm on 19 January 2024.
What is the Young Person Grant?
The grant is a monetary award of up to £500 to support young people in:
- education, employment, and training
- starting up their own business
- additional help to pursue extracurricular activities to support their learning and development.
The grant was set up by the Leader and Cabinet of the council and has run for many years, helping over 250 young people to succeed.
Who can apply?
Young people aged from 15 (currently in Year 11) up to the age of 25 (applicants cannot be over the age of 25 at the close of application). You must either live in the borough of Telford and Wrekin, or be a Telford and Wrekin Child in Care / Care Leaver who is currently not a resident in the area.
What can the grant help me to achieve?
Previous awardees of the grant have:
- gained places on training courses
- been able to go to university with extra funding
- bought a new laptop for studies
- invested in specialist equipment for their job
- started a business
- applied for travel funding.
And much more! You can see and read about some of our past recipients.
Have you considered applying for alternative bursaries, funds or grants in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire?
Last updated: 19/01/2024 17:11