The Leader and Cabinet Members Grant Scheme has now closed for 2019. The scheme will reopen in 2020.
- The scheme is open to children and young people up to the age of 25 who are resident in Telford and Wrekin.
- It is open to children and young people who have a desire to achieve in one of the following categories, but due to their/their family’s circumstances are restricted or unable to fund the activity themselves:
- Education, Training and/or Employment
- Performing Arts and Culture
- Sport Programmes
- The panel are particularly keen to receive applications from children and young people who have the desire to overcome challenging circumstances to enable them to achieve their aspirations.
- Private organisations and groups are not eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions
- One application must be completed per child or young person online and supported by a statement from a representative who must be 18 years old or over (this must be an independent person and not a family member/relative, unless the family member/relative is also the coach, mentor or trainer).
- Applicants who have previously received funding/grants from alternative sources, will be required to declare the value of the funding on the application form. The application for other funding opportunities as displayed on our website is positively encouraged.
- Applications can be made for the purchase of equipment, travel and/or tuition. However applications for funding for accommodation/rent will not be considered.
- All applications must include how much funding is being applied for (up to a maximum of £500).
- Applications to be received between 5 June 2019 and 2 October 2019, 5pm.
- A funding Panel will consider all applications received and make the decisions for the awards.
- All monetary awards allocated to be confirmed by email by Telford & Wrekin Council.
- The decision of the Panel is final and cannot be appealed.
- Awards are a one-off payment. Any overpayments must be returned to the authority in full.
- On successful allocation of the award, the funds will be paid either to the Service Provider or directly to the child or young person or their family subject to the relevant checks to ensure payments are only used for the awarded scheme.
- Awardees must provide full bank details within 45 days of being notified of their award, otherwise funding will be withdrawn and reallocated to next year’s fund.
- An Agreement will be made with the child’s or young person’s representative and service provider to ensure the funding is used appropriately to achieve the goals and aspirations of the child or young person.
- Only one application can be made by each child or young person in any academic year.
- A further application cannot be made if the child or young person has already been successful in receiving a grant from this scheme in the last three years, since the date of the award.
- All successful applicants will be contacted by email no later than 31 October 2019.
Last updated: 9.59am on Thursday 3 October 2019