Apply for school placements in 2022/2023 for the following year groups from mid September 2021.
|Year group||Closing date for applications|
|Reception (born between 1 September 2017 - 31 August 2018)||15 January 2022|
|Infant/Junior (Year 2 into Year 3)||15 January 2022|
|Secondary (born between 1 September 2010 - 31 August 2011)||31 October 2021|
If a child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) the closing date is 31 October 2021.
To submit an application please use the following online form from mid September 2021:
- Download the school admissions mythbuster, which clarifies common assumptions about the application process.
- You can apply for a school place on line using a tablet, laptop, computer or smart phone.
- If you do not have access to a computer you can go to your local library and ask a member of staff to help you submit an application.
- Download the school admissions information booklet before you complete your application.
- Download guidance for school applications for overseas children.
Applying for school places for academic year 2022/2023
Getting to school
Another important thing that you should consider, before filling in your application form, is how your child will get to and from school. If you are applying for a faith school, the Local Authority no longer provides transport and you will have to make your own arrangements even if you have a child already attending that school. More information can be found by viewing the home to school transport policy for exact criteria for home to school transport eligibility.
We would advise you consider transport arrangement prior to making your school preferences. If you have any queries please contact the transport team before the closing date of the application process by emailing email@example.com.
Please note Ofsted have changed the way they inspect and report on schools, visit the GOV.UK website for information about the Education Inspection Framework.
Last updated: 06/09/2021 10:16