Telford and Wrekin is home to some 169,400 people living in 73,400 households (Jun 2016).
Below are a number of documents that provide information about the population of Telford and Wrekin.
The population and household summary provides a quick summary of population numbers with age breakdown and total number of households.
The Telford and Wrekin Key Facts sheet, provides a range of quick information about population, education and employment.
The Telford and Wrekin population profile contains data on the following areas in Telford and Wrekin:
The Telford and Wrekin indices of deprivation report contains details of deprivation levels within the Borough at small geographical areas compared to nationally across the following topics:
- health deprivation and disability
- education skills and training
- barriers to housing and services
- crime and disorder
- living environment
- income deprivation affecting children
- income deprivation affecting older people.
To help understand differences in the population of Telford and Wrekin, we have produced a number of documents which profile smaller geographical areas of the borough, such as wards.
- Ward profiles - a summary of population, deprivation, housing, crime, educational attainment, employment and benefit claimants data for each of the 33 wards.
- Ward health profiles - a summary of health related data about each ward, including life expectancy, low birth weight babies, breastfeeding rates, obesity, adult lifestyle, bad health and causes of death.
Our Census page provides the finding of the 2011 and 2001 Census.
Last updated: 04/06/2018 12:47