How to apply for a copy of a certificate
Telford & Wrekin Registration Service can only issue certificates for events that took place in this district.
If you were born in Shrewsbury you should contact that district office directly.
All certificate requests must now be completed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- your contact name, address and telephone number
- the full names for the certificate required
- date of event (birth / marriage / civil partnership / death)
- place of event (birth / marriage / civil partnership / death).
Once received the team will check that we can issue a certificate for you and phone you back to take the required payment over the phone.
There are two services available:
- standard (10 day) service certificate fee - £11
- priority (24hr) service certificate fee - £35.
Standard postage charges are statutorily included in the above fees.
If you have difficulty accessing email facilities to request certificates, then please phone 01952 382444 for assistance.
If preferred you can also order a copy certificate directly with the General Register Office.
Last updated: 16/09/2020 15:05