Being a Co-operative Council is about us working together with our residents, partners and local organisations to collectively deliver the best we can for Telford and Wrekin. We believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do. That is why we have adopted Co-operative Values.
These Values were developed by the Co-operative Commission and are based on what residents and Council employees told the Commission about the sort of council and borough they would like to see in Telford and Wrekin. We have listened to the Commission and are committed to putting Co-operative Values at the heart of our organisation.
Our aim is for our actions to speak louder than our words. We will also promote and share the Values with others across the Borough.
Openness and Honesty
- We will - be open and honest in the way we work and make decisions and communicate in a clear, simple and timely way
- We would like everyone - to be open and honest about what they want to improve in their community
- We will - be accountable for our own actions and empower others with the skills to help themselves
- We would like everyone - to the best of their abilities, to take action and responsibility for themselves and their community
Fairness and Respect
- We will - respond to people's needs in a fair and consistent way
- We will and would like everyone to - respect and care for themselves and others, valuing the different ideas and skills that people bring and treating each other as equals
- We will - work together with our communities, involving people in decisions that affect their lives and be prepared to listen and take on new ideas
- We would like everyone - to work with and support others, get involved and share their views to help us develop the way we do things
Last updated: 06/02/2015 09:30