Being a Co-operative Council is about us working together with our residents, partners and local organisations to collectively deliver the best we can for Telford and Wrekin. We believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do. That is why we have adopted Co-operative Values.
Our co-operative values provide the framework for how we will work. They set out the basis for the Council's relationship, or "deal", with residents, a commitment for what the Council will do but also that we are asking our residents to accept and act on their own responsibilities.
Openness and honesty
- We will - be open and honest in the way we work and make decisions and communicate in a clear, simple and timely way.
- We would like everyone - to be open and honest about what they want to improve in their community.
- We will - be accountable for our own actions and empower others with the skills to help themselves.
- We would like everyone - to the best of their abilities, to take action and responsibility for themselves and their community.
Fairness and respect
- We will - respond to people's needs in a fair and consistent way.
- We would like everyone to - respect and care for themselves and others, valuing the different ideas and skills that people bring and treating each other as equals.
- We will - work together with our communities, involving people in decisions that affect their lives and be prepared to listen and take on new ideas.
- We would like everyone - to work with and support others, get involved and share their views to help us develop the way we do things.
Illustration diagram of "our vision, priorities and values":
Download an accessible version of the "our vision priorities and values diagram."
Last updated: 12/10/2020 10:06