In July 2019, the Council adopted a new vision for the organisation to “protect, care and invest to create a better borough”.
As we deliver a wide range of services to local residents and businesses, it is important that we have clear plans to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
Our Council Plan enables us to take a medium-term view of what we will deliver to create a better borough and sets out how we will do this between now and 2023. The plan identifies five priorities to deliver our vision:
- every child, young person and adult lives well in their community
- everyone benefits from a thriving economy
- all neighbourhoods are a great place to live
- our natural environment is protected, and the Council has a leading role in addressing the climate emergency
- a community-focussed, innovative council providing efficient, effective and quality services.
These state our ambition and aspirations for the borough and the outcomes that we want to achieve for our residents.
At the heart of this is the need to address the significant inequalities that still exist in the borough. We must ensure that everyone, no matter what their background and circumstances, benefits from a strong economy, can fulfil their potential and live well, in a good, safe home. As a Co-operative Council, our approach will be informed by the views and voices of our residents, communities and partners. These must shape and influence what we do and how we do it if we are to continue to create a better borough.
- Download the Council Plan
- Download the Council Plan - one page summary of the plan and our vision
- View our vision, values and priorities page
Last updated: 09/10/2020 10:26