As we deliver a wide range of services to local residents and businesses, it is important that we have clear targets to make sure we are moving in the right direction.
We have two plans that help us achieve this:
- Shaping Our Future: Our Journey to 2020 - What the Council and its partners will focus on to 2020
- Our Programme to Protect, Care and Invest to create a better borough – 2019-2023 – what the Council will deliver to 2023.
Our ambition for the borough is for Telford and Wrekin, to be known as: The place of enterprise, innovation and partnership.
We will Protect, care and invest to create a better borough.
Our priorities to deliver this are:
- securing the best start in life for children and young people
- protect and create jobs as a ‘business supporting, business winning council’
- improve local people’s prospects through education and skills training
- keep neighbourhoods safe, clean and well connected
- support communities and those most in need and work to give residents access to suitable housing
- improving health and wellbeing across Telford and Wrekin
- protect and champion our environment, culture and heritage.
Although council finances are still challenging, the priorities enable us to move forward as an organisation and for us to have a clear view on what we need to deliver.
Last updated: 8.46pm on Tuesday 27 August 2019