Telford & Wrekin Council is investing £350,000 in Lawley as part of the ‘protect, care and invest’ investments across the borough totalling more than £16 million.
Telford & Wrekin Council is providing the money, which will go towards projects that will make the borough cleaner, greener, safer and more enjoyable.
The Lawley Partnership Board is overseeing the investment in Lawley, and is made up of senior officers from local partners to make sure that the Neighbourhood Action Plan is on track and is able to meet the needs of the local community.
The Lawley Partnership Board includes representatives from:
- Telford & Wrekin Council
- Bournville Village Trust
- Lawley & Overdale Parish Council
- West Mercia Police
- Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group
- Telford & Wrekin Interfaith Council
- A representative for the Developers
- Homes England
- Lawley Village Community Association
- Lawley Management Committee
The current investing in Lawley Priorities have been collected from speaking with partner agencies, who work with you in the community. We are keen to hear more from you on your ideas to help Lawley develop into a vibrant community and continue to be a great place to live.
It is one of the borough’s fastest new housing developments, so we want to support Lawley’s development including;
- ways to reduce community concerns around road safety;
- improve outdoor sports facilities; and
- help develop the identity of Lawley.
The project will support Lawley to be cleaner, greener and safer. Things residents will see include:
- improving residents satisfaction;
- help provide the Lawley community with an identity;
- Increase numbers of local community and volunteer groups, creating a cohesive community; and
- reduce anti social behaviour and environmental incidents in hotspot.
The Lawley Partnership Board has developed a number of actions based on their experience and evidence. Whilst these actions are getting underway we are keen to hear about your views, to influence how these actions are implemented.
There will be opportunities for local people to get involved in different ways, please look out for future social media posts.
Whilst the Lawley Partnership Board works together on this programme of work, there are council officers who act as lead contact for the local area actions plans. Lawley’s lead officer is Kerry Woodhouse, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lawley has two ward members/councillors who are part of Telford & Wrekin Council:
- Cllr Jayne Greenway
- Cllr Raj Mehta.
The local parish council for the area is Lawley and Overdale Parish Council.
We want to hear your views. If you have particular feedback you can email us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 10/12/2021 10:28