Do you want your business to stand out above the rest? Do you offer professional, high quality work with excellent customer service? If you operate a business within Telford and Wrekin or Shropshire then you are eligible to apply to join Trading Standards Accredited.
Your application will then be processed which will include sending you a declaration to complete and sign. The declaration requires the applicant to hold appropriate insurance(s), provide membership details of any trade association/professional body they claim to be a member of and agree to work with Trading Standards in the event of a dispute. A copy of our comprehensive Code of Practice will also be issued which applicants must agree to adhere to.
Once Trading Standards have received a completed declaration, the application will be fully checked. This will include searching Trading Standards and Citizens Advice Consumer Services complaint databases, intelligence from Steering Group members, verifying trade association membership, confirming the business address and checking trading history.
If your application is successful, you will be sent an acceptance pack which includes a guide on Trader Responsibilities. Once accepted, you will then be permitted to use the Trading Standards Accredited logo.
Benefits of membership
- Independent recognition of your business standards.
- Proof of membership by a Membership Certificate for display on your premises and use of the scheme logo on your vehicles, business paperwork and publicity material.
- Trader Guide containing legal advice and information relevant to your business area.
- Free legal advice regarding fair trading, consumer and business law.
- Complaint Resolution Procedure. In the event of a dispute, a representative from Trading Standards will offer legal advice and mediate between the two parties. This element is only available to Trader Register members and is highly valued by businesses and can save considerable time, money and stress.
- Promotion of Trading Standards Accredited throughout Telford & Shropshire.
- Full business contact details are listed on the Trading Standards Accredited website including links to the businesses own website where applicable.
Membership of Trading Standards Accredited is subject to an annual membership fee which is currently £100 (exc. VAT).
If you would like further information on becoming a member of the Scheme please telephone: 01952 381818.
Last updated: 11.28am on Friday 29 December 2017