The Gambling Act 2005 works to three key principles known as licensing objectives, which are:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
The Council is responsible for issuing the following authorisations:
- Betting offices and race tracks
- Bingo clubs
- Adult gaming centres
- Licensed Family entertainment centres
Use the following links for document to be used in a premises licence application:
View details of the gambling licence fees for premises licences.
- Small Society Lottery Registration.
- Prize Gaming Permit.
- Club Gaming Permit.
- Club Machine Permit.
- Licensed Gaming Machine Notification.
- Licensed Gaming Machine Permit.
- Family Entertainment Centre Gaming Machine Permit.
- Temporary Use Notice.
- Occasional Use Notice.
Further information on licences and permits can be found on the Gambling Commission Website.
What we will do with your Personal Information
Telford & Wrekin Council’s Licensing Service is collecting your personal information for the purpose of meeting the statutory requirement of the Gambling Act 2005.
Telford & Wrekin Council will not share any of your personal data collected with external organisations unless required to do so by law when your data may be shared with other regulatory bodies.
For further details on the Council’s privacy arrangements please view our privacy notice.
Last updated: 21/05/2020 11:20