If you are taking your household waste to our household recycling centres (HRCs) using any of the vehicles below then you will require an E-Permit.
Check what vehicle types require and E-permit to use our HRC sites before applying for E-permits, you will need a valid E-permit to visit our HRC's when using a hire vehicle.
Vehicles that need an E-permit to use HRCs
No flatbed vehicles are accepted on site and trailer length must not exceed 2.4m long internally.
- Car with trailer, maximum length of trailer allowed is 2.4 metres (8 feet long internally).
- Campervan with trailer, maximum length of trailer allowed is 2.4 metres (8 feet long internally).
- Campervan with seats and fittings removed and no longer than 5.5 metres.
- People carrier with trailer, maximum length of trailer allowed is 2.4 metres (8 feet long internally).
- 4x4 with trailer (maximum length of trailer allowed is 8 feet long internally).
- 4x4 with no rear windows/rear seats.
- 4x4 with open back or back that is separate to the main cab such as a closed cab pick up.
- Vans or commercial vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes and not over 5.5 metres long.
- Pick up truck.
A maximum trailer size of 2.4 metres (8 feet) long internally is applied at our HRCs. This trailer size will fit typical large household items such as a kingsize bed or three seater sofa, trade waste (E.g. commercial or industrial waste from a business, or waste transported for finanical gain) cannot be accepted at a Household Recycling Centre (HRC).
Last updated: 30/09/2022 09:16