The scheme is open to young people from the age of 15 (current school Year 11) up to the age of 25 who are resident in Telford and Wrekin, or to any Telford and Wrekin Children in Care or Care Leavers, who are currently not resident in the area.
It is open to young people who have a desire to achieve in one of the following categories, but due to their/their family’s circumstances are restricted or unable to fund the activity themselves:
- education, training and / or employment including equipment or travel costs to help fulfil these opportunities
- enterprise funding for small business start-ups
- overcoming adversity - applicants who can demonstrate their resilience throughout the challenging two years we have had. For example, this might include transport support to participate in community volunteering.
The panel are particularly keen to receive applications from young people who have the desire to overcome challenging circumstances to enable them to achieve their aspirations.
Private organisations and groups are not eligible to apply.
- One application must be completed per young person online and supported by a statement from a representative who must be 18 years old or over (this must be an independent person and not a family member/relative, unless the family member/relative is also the coach, mentor or trainer).
- Applicants who have previously received funding/grants from alternative sources, will be required to declare the value of the funding on the application form. The application for other funding opportunities as displayed on our website is positively encouraged.
- Applications can be made for the purchase of equipment, travel and/or tuition. However applications for funding for accommodation/rent will not be considered.
- All applications must include how much funding is being applied for (up to a maximum of £500).
- Applications to be received between 8 December 2022 and 5 January 2023, 5pm.
- A funding Panel will consider all applications received and make the decisions for the awards.
- All monetary awards allocated to be confirmed by email by Telford & Wrekin Council.
- The decision of the Panel is final and cannot be appealed.
- Awards are a one-off payment. Any overpayments must be returned to the authority in full.
- Awardees must provide a signed agreement and details within 7 days of being notified of their award, otherwise funding will be withdrawn and reallocated to next year’s fund.
- An Agreement will be made with the young person, or their representative and service provider to ensure the funding is used appropriately to achieve the goals and aspirations of the young person.
- All awards will be presented at the Awards Event in March 2023, unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as; the awardee being resident out of area and unable to attend, the event is unable to go ahead due to adverse conditions, the awardee having care responsibilities. In this case, awards will be made via bank transfer.
- Only one application can be made by each young person in any academic year.
- A further application cannot be made if the young person has already been successful in receiving a grant from this scheme in the last three years, since the date of the award.
All successful applicants will be contacted by email no later than 9 February 2023.
Last updated: 08/11/2022 09:00