Telford & Wrekin Council can only investigate fraud relating to Council Tax Support, Single Person Discount and Council Tax liability. Any allegations of Housing Benefit fraud, alone, have to be reported to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Please tell us as much information as possible. We need to know the person being reported and their address. You also need to tell us what fraud you think they are committing and the details. For example:
- if the person hasn't reported that they are working, please tell us where they are working and how they get there
- if they haven't declared a person that is living with them, please tell us who the person is, their relationship to the benefit claimant, where they work, what they look like, if they have a car, etc.
Please also tell us how long you think they have been committing fraud.
You cannot assume that others will notify us on your behalf.
Report Housing Benefit fraud
You can report Housing Benefit fraud online using the GOV.UK website or alternatively by calling the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Phone lines are open between 7am and 11pm, seven days a week.
Report Council Tax Support/Council Tax fraud
You can also report fraud using the following methods:
- by phone on 01952 38383 (there is an answering machine outside of office hours)
- by letter - if you choose this method, please address your letter to: Investigations Team, Telford & Wrekin Council, Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford, TF3 4JA
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 1.04pm on Monday 25 March 2019