Telford & Wrekin Local Plan Review – draft Local Plan consultation 2023
The Telford & Wrekin Local Plan Review is now at its draft plan stage (Regulation 18).
The draft Plan sets out the council’s vision for the borough, priorities for the plan, preferred policies and proposed housing and employment sites. This stage has been informed by the Issues and Options consultation which concluded in 2021.
Key priorities and objectives for the draft Plan include:
- tackling climate change and achieving carbon neutrality
- maximising inward investment and employment opportunities
- securing better homes for all
- improving health, wellbeing and tackling health inequalities
- protection and enhancement of green and natural environment
- delivering regeneration, renewal and stronger communities.
This consultation is your chance to have a say on proposals around climate change; supporting our Borough towns and local centres; employment and new homes across the borough up until 2040.
Our consultation will start on 25 October 2023 and run until 5pm on 12 January 2024.
The Council will continue to take additional action to gather evidence and undertake research to support its commitment to addressing climate change in the Borough. For information on the timetable for the Local Plan Review visit the Local Development Scheme webpage.
The above statement does not change the Telford and Wrekin Local Plan which is still the adopted development plan for the Borough and runs until 2031.
Last updated: 13/10/2023 12:41