Places are limited and must be pre-booked and paid for in advance. Please note your booking is not secured until payment has been received. If you have submitted a booking form and are yet to make the payment please use your reference number(s) in the box provided on the payment screen.
Please note: You can make one payment for multiple bookings. Just enter all the reference numbers you wish to pay for in the reference box and ensure the amount totals up correctly.
- Instructors are fully qualified, first aid trained and DBS checked.
- Activities will begin and finish at the stated times, please arrive 15 minutes early to register your child/children.
- Please inform instructors of any medical issues if you haven’t already.
- If your child has asthma please make sure they have their inhaler with them.
- Sessions will only be cancelled in severe weather. Please check the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothing and sunscreen if required.
- Minimum numbers for all activities apply. Should requirements not be met, a full refund will be given or alternative offered and advance notice given.
Learn to Ride information
This course is for beginners who cannot currently ride a two wheeled bike unaided. If your child can already ride this is not the course for them. Where possible children should bring their own roadworthy* bike and helmet to the Learn to Ride sessions. Should this not be possible or appropriate, bikes and helmets can be borrowed for the duration of the session. Children should bring a drink and wear weather appropriate clothing, such as a rain coat, and sunscreen if required.
The session will start will the removal of stabilisers and pedals to effectively turn the bikes into balance bikes. If possible please remove stabilisers and pedals in advance as this will speed up things at the beginning of the session. If you do manage to remove pedals please remember to bring these along to the session. If you can’t don’t worry as the instructors will have the tools to do this when you arrive.
Town Park Discovery Ride and Bikeability information
The Town Park Discovery Ride will take place around the trails of the Town Park and will include an activity sheet and a picnic stop. The ride is not partially long (around 4 – 5 miles) and will include several fact finding stops. Riders of all abilities are welcome so do not worry if your child is not a particularly fast or confident rider.
Children must bring a roadworthy bike*, helmet, packed lunch and drink/s. We recommend children bring their lunch and drinks in a rucksack, drawstring bags are not ideal. Please check the weather forecast and bring weather appropriate clothing such as a rain coat or sunscreen if required.
*What is a road worthy bike?
A road worthy bike should have firm pumped up tyres, two working brakes and should generally be in good working order.
Last updated: 9.46am on Thursday 8 November 2018