Dawley Park was officially opened in 1902 to commemorate the coronation of King Edward Vll, with land previously donated by William Kenyon- Slaney colliery owner of Hatton Grange, along with a second parcel of land handed over by Mr Simpson a leading industrialist.
Today Dawley Park is an urban Park covering an area of 1.04 hectares located in the parish of Great Dawley, in the South of Telford. The Park consists of grassed areas with shrub beds and herbaceous boarders, a seasonal bedding scheme and a memorial garden. The Park also has a variety of facilities often used by the public.
Facilities and features
- Bowling green.
- Play area for 3 - 14 year olds.
- 2 Tennis courts.
- Outdoor gym.
- Memorial gardens with memorial gates.
- Shrub beds.
- Herbaceous boarders.
- Floral displays.
There are two car parks located near the park:
- Station Road car park - TF4 2EP.
- George Street car park - TF4 3AA.
- There are multiple disabled parking bays located at Station Road car park and George Street car park.
The location of Dawley Park on Google maps
Last updated: 04/03/2022 10:03