Housing Services

Our Housing Service team provides advice and support with the following areas.

Homelessness Advice
Are you or someone you know worried about becoming homeless? If so the Housing Solutions team at Telford & Wrekin Council is on hand to guide you through this worrying time. Visit the register for housing advice page to register for homelessness advice. This will help us to understand your situation better and tailor the advice you need.

Telford HomeFinder and Landlord Accreditation
If you are a landlord and are looking for a letting agency to manage your properties or to find you a tenant, or are you a tenant looking for a home to rent from a reputable landlord. View details of our Landlord Accreditation scheme where landlords can get advice, support and training to ensure they are operating to a code of conduct.

Tenant Reporting Tool
If you rent your property and you would like to log a repair or issue through an online reporting tool you can do so through the tenant reporting tool.

Tenant Passport
If you rent your home, you can sign up for a free Tenant Passport. Tenant Passports show your landlord or prospective landlords who you are and speed up the process of renting. This passport gives you an easy to read document to show your prospective landlords.

Disabled Facilities Grants
If you are struggling to manage in your home due to disabilities or mobility issues you may contact My Choice to discuss your situation and ask for an Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment. During your Occupational Therapy (OT) Assessment you can discuss if you may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant to carry out any adaptations in your home.

Wellbeing Grants
If you have repairs or issues that if not repaired or rectified would lead you to being placed in hospital or care; you may be entitled to a wellbeing grant. For more information email dfgadmin@telford.gov.uk.

Last updated: 27/08/2019 20:56

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact