Welcome to our virtual house! An interactive tour showing examples of Occupational Therapy, Assistive Technology and Sensory aids, equipment and solutions that may be helpful to you or a family member to do daily activities around the home.
Within the tour you will find information about these items including where they can be purchased*.
- You should carefully consider whether items would be suitable for you and you are confident that they will meet your needs; especially if you are considering equipment that will affect your safety, balance, mobility or ability to summon help.
- If you purchase an item, we cannot reimburse you for this.
- Please follow the instructions provided with the product including weight restrictions on the item.
- You may be eligible for VAT relief on some items, visit the GOV.UK website to find out more information about VAT relief.
If you would like to view and try some of this equipment in person before purchasing you can do so by visiting the Independent Living Centre, where you can talk to a member of our team about the items.
*Please note: the tour contains examples of items that are available, other items are available that are not displayed in the virtual house tour. The Council does not recommend or endorse any items or the retailers suggested in the tour. Prices are included as a guide and were correct at the time the tour was created and may be subject to change.
Guidance on viewing the tour:
- the navigation is smoother if you view the tour in Google Chrome
- try to view the house while you are connected to the internet (WiFi), rather than mobile data (4G)
- the quality of the tour can depend on the strength of your internet connection.
View the virtual house tour:
Navigating around the virtual house on a laptop/computer:
- left-click and drag to look around the space or use the left/right arrow keys on your keyboard to turn left and right
- left-click on the rings on the floor of the space to move around or use the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard to move forward and back
- use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out or use the plus/minus keys on your keyboard to zoom in and out
- left-click the red and white hotspots to view details about each item, a pop-up will open, left-click on the photo/image to reveal more information.
Navigating around the virtual house on a mobile device:
- touch and drag to look around the space
- tap on the rings on the floor of the space to move around
- use a pinch gesture to zoom in and out
- tap the red and white hotspots to view details about each item, a pop-up will open, tap on the photo/image to reveal more information.
If you are unable to access the virtual house tour or would like further information about items that can help you maintain your independence you can come and meet us at the Independent Living Centre.
Last updated: 07/06/2021 11:25