Telford & Wrekin Council are proud to be able to put on several events throughout the year appealing to people of all ages and backgrounds while still embracing Telford’s historic significance and natural beauty. We are delighted to host such a wide range of events from family festivals to art and craft shows and many more in-between these are all an abundant part of the annual calendar.
Whether you are local or just visiting, we aim to ensure our events inspire and entertain. Encouraging people from all walks of life to get involved and be part of something very exciting. All this mixed with a warm blend of local hospitality, enthusiasm and passion.
From smaller scale events to large events we aim to provide activities for all ages and tastes working with the people of Telford for the people of Telford.
We also work closely with Town and Parish Councils, local group and organisations to help them to design, create and promote their events for the wider community.
Telford and Wrekin council offers a wide range of parks and open spaces ideal for a variety of events and festivals of all sizes.
Our Town parks include:
- QE11 arena and the award winning Telford Town Park
- Bowing Park, Wellington
- Hartshill Park, Oakengates
- Dawley Park, Dawley
- Donnington Recreation Ground, Donnington
- Dale End Park, Ironbridge
- Malinslee fields, Malinslee
Working with our Events Safety Advisory Group (ESAG) partners Shropshire Fire Service to ensure all organised events are safety assessed, we recommend that you complete the Event Assessment Matrix. This will help you to identify any risks associated with your event as well as which event application process to follow.
- If your event is a small scale event with estimated attendance under 500 then please apply through the small Event application process.
- If your event is a mid/large scale event expecting to attract an attendance of over 500 then please apply through the large scale event application process.
There is a community event toolkit available for a full range of advice and guidelines to support you with organising a successful event.
There is also a helpful government guide to organising successful events.