Your child, or children, may qualify for free school meals if you are able to meet the following criteria:
- You or your partner have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin.
- You and your partner are:
- in receipt of Income Support or Income Based Jobseekers Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance; or
- in receipt of maximum Child Tax Credits and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
- do not receive Working Tax Credit; or
- receive support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- receive employment and support allowance (income related) or pension credit (guaranteed credit)
Each school receives a weekly register showing the names of all children who are entitled to free school meals.
Should your circumstances change, for example you start work or increase you're worked hours to more than 16 hours a week, or cease being entitled to Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance, you must notify us immediately.
Each school has the right to ask you to repay the value of any school meals which your child has been given free, if they were not entitled to those meals.