Please follow the links below to view more information or guidance regarding the following:-
The Constitution - The Council's 'Rule Book'
The Constitution sets out how the Council operates and how decisions are made. This is where you will find meeting procedure rules, the terms of reference for each Committee and details of which Committee has responsibility for which Council function.
Public Participation at Meetings
Some meetings have protocols in place to allow participation by the public. Find out more information at the links below.
- Public Questions at Full Council meetings
- Guide to Full Council meetings
- Public Speaking at Planning Committee
- Frequently Asked Questions about Planning Committee
- Public Speaking at Health and Well-Being Board
- Filming, photography, recording and use of social networking at meetings
Petitioning is another way for individuals, community groups and organisations to participate in the democratic process. Find out more at the links below.
Councillors and Standards of Conduct
All Councillors are subject to a Code of Conduct, which places obligations on them in the way they carry out their duties as a Councillor and sets out the standards of conduct required. Further information can be viewed below.
You might also be interested in the Find your Councillor pages.
The scrutiny handbook provides an overview of scrutiny and sets out in detail the scrutiny process.