Are your items too good to throw away?
You could give your unwanted items a chance of a new life, recycling is really important but reusing is even better
Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
POPs are Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) are chemicals which can be found in soft furnishings and upholstered furnishings, we can still collect these items on our bulky waste collection service, however they will need to left separate (i.e. not touching) any other items you present for your collection, so for example we ask that your bulky items be placed outside within the boundaries of your property nearest to your normal collection point, if you have an item that has soft furnishing or is upholstered please leave a space from any other bulky items presented for collection.
Please view the list of items we will and will not collect
Bulky household items such as furniture and electrical appliances cannot be collected as part of your normal bin collection.
For more information about the bulky collection service and how to prepare for your collection, please visit our FAQs information page.
Please note: this service is for residential properties within the borough of Telford and Wrekin only.
If your item is not listed below, please call our Contact Centre to discuss your booking on 01952 384384.
- Bed base (any size).
- Bedroom suites - fitted/built in (one piece is classed as one item). Any glass must be wrapped/taped, items with broken glass will be refused.
- Bookcase (any glass must be wrapped/taped, items with broken glass will be refused).
- Cardboard packaging (must be empty/folded flat, kept dry and no larger than 2m x 2m in size).
- Carpet and underlay, (one room equals one item, carpet to be folded, rolled or bulked together and must be of a manageable size).
- Chest of drawers.
- Coffee table (any glass must be wrapped/taped for safe collection, items with broken glass will not be taken).
- Cooker, oven and hob.
- Decking boards (maximum length 2.4 meters/8 foot) 1 piece equals 1 item, all screws/nails must be removed, please do not bulk or tie the boards together.
- Dining table (not glass).
- Dog basket.
- Doors (internal or external - (glass must be wrapped/taped, items with broken glass will be refused).
- Dressing table.
- Fence panels (all nails and screws must be removed or made safe for the collection).
- Fence posts (wooden only).
- Fire, electric and gas.
- Fire surround, wooden.
- Freezer (not commercial, no food to be left inside).
- Fridge (not commercial, no food to be left inside).
- Garden furniture.
- Garden gates (wooden/metal) all nails and screws must be removed or made safe for the collection).
- Ironing board.
- Kitchen units (one piece is classed as one item).
- Kitchen electrical items.
- Lawn mower.
- Mattress (any size).
- Packaging including bubble wrap and polystyrene, please ensure this is bagged up (not left loose) for collection, one bag is one item - cardboard packaging is not accepted on the bulk collection, please tear this down to the size of the blue bag and present on your kerbside collection.
- Patio door(s) (must be no larger than 8ft long and 4ft wide, all glass must be taped/covered securely, must not be too heavy to be physically lifted and carried by two men, broken glass will not be taken).
- Play equipment.
- Pram or pushchair.
- Satellite dish.
- Shed - must be dismantled into pieces no larger than 2 metres by 2 metres, glass taped or removed and there must be no nails or screws protruding, this is one collection (from 1 April 2022 the cost is £28).
- Shower tray.
- Shower Cubicle (glass must be wrapped/taped,items with broken glass will refused).
- Skirting boards,(maximum bundle of five pieces, no longer than 10 feet).
- Television and television unit.
- Tumble dryer.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Video/DVD player.
- Wall unit.
- Washing machine.
- Water butt.
- Wooden flooring, (one room equals one item, please ensure this is bulked together and of a manageable size, maximum of 8 feet lengths, please ensure all nails/screws are removed or made safe for the collection).
- Boiler (cast iron).
- Car parts and tyres.
- Car seats.
- Concrete posts.
- Concrete garden ornaments.
- DIY materials.
- Fish tank
- Garage doors.
- Garden waste.
- Gas cylinders.
- Glass panes.
- Hazardous waste.
- Items with broken glass will be refused.
- Pallets (wooden or plastic).
- Household waste.
- Industrial packaging.
- Soil, brick or rubble.
- Storage heaters.
How to prepare for a collection
- collections start at 7am, so please remember to get those items out on time for collection on your scheduled day.
- All items must be presented in the same place, outside your property and within your garden or on your driveway, items should be easily accessible/visible and presented closest to your normal collection point.
- If your item is/contains soft furnishing or is upholstered then please leave this separate (i. e.not touching) from any other items you present.
- don't forget to tell us if there are any special instructions/directions to locate your property and items, all extra information helps the crew to complete the collection smoothly.
- do not leave items on the public footpath or highway.
- please cover any fabric based items to ensure they do not get waterlogged in the event of any inclement weather.
- we will not remove soiled items.
- remove any nails/screws from wood or furniture.
- tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood like flooring, old furniture units, carpet and underlay.
- tape up any glass - we can only lift panes of glass if they are still in their frame and have been taped over.
- leave items inside your property, we can't enter parts of your home, like garages and sheds, to collect items.
- leave out any items other than those you originally booked with us - we can't collect them.
- waterlogged items cannot be collected if they are too heavy - please ensure you keep them as dry as possible for your scheduled collection.
Last updated: 15/08/2023 13:39