Clare Hall-Salter, Service Delivery Manager: Service Improvement and Efficiency
The Service Improvement and Efficiency team works to drive forward strategic improvement, transformation and integration of Adult Social Care.
In summary the team are responsible for the following:
Business Systems Support team
Management of Business ICT case and financial management systems, including major ICT systems reviews and implementation across Adult Social Care services and integration with Health systems.
Financial Case Management team
Statutory financial case management responsibilities and services.
Provider Payments team
Management of payment to providers across Adult Social Care.
Strategic lead on the Digital Transformation of Adult Social Care services and link with the Integrated Care System, enabling people to interact with care services through digital channels.
Supporting the delivery and direction of the Telford and Wrekin Integrated Place Partnership as part of the Integrated Health and Care System.
Projects, Policies and Quality team
- Programme and project management.
- Quality assurance and complaints management.
- Policies and business process development.
- Communications, Information and advice support.
Business Administration Support team
Business administration support across Adult Social Care Services.
Appointeeship and Deputyship team
Appointeeship and Deputyship service to Adult Social Care Services.
Emma Clutton, Service Delivery Manager: Prevention, Independence, Older People and Disability
This service area focuses on prevention and maximising independence using the skills of Occupational Therapy, Sensory Services and Digital Technology.
We work closely with the voluntary sector to provide information, advice, equipment and new and emerging technologies to support people to maintain their independence within their own homes.
We have an established Independent Living Centre at the heart of our community that offers booked appointments and drop in facilities which are run in co-production with our partners, providing advice and support as well as low level equipment assessments.
Our digital offer includes our Virtual House, an interactive tour showing examples of Occupational Therapy, Assistive Technology and Sensory aids, equipment and solutions that may be helpful to you or a family member to do daily activities around the home.
East and West Locality teams
Provides adult social care support for people under the provisions of the Care Act 2014.
- Delivering adult statutory social work requirements.
- Locality working with partners and the community.
- Assessment, support planning and timely reviews.
- Supporting independence.
- Promoting direct payments, where people are eligible.
Within our Community Social Work teams we have specialist roles that work across Adult Social Care.
These specialist roles include:
- Continuing Health Care (CHC) Lead
- Carers Champions
- Community Led Support Co-Ordinator.
To enhance our offer a Specialist Commissioner for Older People is in post to identify co-production with our communities and personalise our place based commissioning offer.
Amanda Benton, Service Delivery Manager: Autism and Learning Disability Community Social Work, Mental Health and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards
Autism and Learning Disability Community Social Work
Working with experts by their experience to support Autistic people and people with Learning Disabilities with Adult Social Care services in line with the Care Act 2014, through strength based practice and co-production values.
Delivering services to support:
- Adult Social Care Statutory Duties
- Promoting choice and supporting Independence
- Working with Community Partners to strengthen communities
- Carers in their Caring roles
- Developing and delivering modern person centred services
- Supporting young people with Preparing for Adulthood through transitions.
Mental Health team, Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) Service
- Provides a specialist mental health social work service, working closely with the locality teams, Safeguarding team, health colleagues and other partners to ensure that the right level of support is provided for those with a Mental Health diagnosis.
Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards team
- Provides assessment and support under the provisions of The Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (MCA DoLS) to protect people who lack capacity to decide about their care and treatment.
Michael Bennett, Service Delivery Manager: Prevention and Enablement
Telford Integrated Community Assessment Team (TICAT)
Works closely with partners to support safe discharges from acute hospitals using an integrated discharge to assess model. The team utilise enablement opportunities to support the home first principle. The team then follow people on their enablement journey to remain in their own homes or as close to their community as possible this can involve safeguarding, mental capacity assessments, care act assessments, the whole ethos throughout our work is the person-centred approach. We work closely with lots of various people from the voluntary sector, carers, family members, therapists to try to achieve what is important to the person we are working with.
Health and Social Care Rapid Response Team (HSCRRT)
A co-located, community based, multi-agency team comprised of Rapid Response, Social Worker, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and call handlers with access to timely GP clinical advice provide an urgent community response as an alternative to hospital admission by working in partnership with other services.
Continuing Health Care (CHC)
A dedicated Continuing Health Care team who lead and specialise in CHC to ensure that the residents of Telford and Wrekin Council have equitable access to Health funding and support when they have complex health care needs.
The team can support you as a practitioner with CHC checklists, Decision Support Tools (DST's) and disputes.
The team have a good working relationship with our colleagues in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Integrated Care Systems Complex care team and The CHC lead works closely with Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Integrated Care Systems to resolve funding challenges.
There is soon to be some joint training on offer with both LA and Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Integrated Care Systems having representatives who have meet a national level in CHC training.
Victoria Worthington, Service Delivery Manager: Adult Safeguarding and Family Connect
Adult Safeguarding team
- Provides a specialist safeguarding service to discharge the Council’s statutory responsibilities, and ensure that the most vulnerable people in our communities are safeguarded.
- We have an established Adults Safeguarding Board who we regularly report to on our performance and activity.
Family Connect (Adults)
- Adult Community Support Advisors are located within the Children's Family Connect Service and take all initial calls for Adult Social Care.
Sarah Bass, Service Delivery Manager: Place Based, Commissioning, Procurement and Brokerage
The Commissioning, Procurement and Brokerage team support and manage procurement for corporate and vulnerable people service delivery areas and broker services for vulnerable people.
We support colleagues across the Council to scope plan and deliver their procurement through a variety of routes.
We work with operational colleagues, partners and providers to support a quality market for social care.
We source and broker care for vulnerable people through robust contracting in and outside the Borough.
The team is key in supporting the whole Council to achieve services and solutions through Procurement and Brokering which focus on quality and best value outcomes for the residents of the Borough.
Last updated: 18/01/2023 12:10