It is essential that all of the children and young people registered for education at school, attend regularly and on time and that they access all of the opportunities that education offers. This will lead to improved outcomes for individuals and will contribute to the Council's overall strategy for making Telford and Wrekin a better place in which to live and work.
Children and young people who do not attend school regularly are at risk from a whole range of factors that may lead to poor outcomes, including low attainment and social exclusion. The link between irregular/non-school attendance and poor academic achievement and limited or impoverished life outcomes has been well established.
Children and young people in Telford and Wrekin come from diverse backgrounds and a range of life experiences. Most attend school regularly and on time, and leave school well equipped for further education and employment, able to contribute significantly to society.
In addition we need to protect with licensing children who are employed or perform, view information on child employment and the child performance licence that must be obtained.
Protocols and procedures
- Download the Local Authority attendance policy support and guidance
- Download the advice on school attendance
- Download the Statutory Guidance on Children Missing Education (CME)
- Download the protocol for identifying and maintaining contact with Children Missing Education (CME)
- Download the modified timetable protocol
- Download the leave in term time absence policy
- Download the parental responsibility measures for school attendance and behaviour
- Download the information for parents about term time leave and the Supreme Court decision May 2017
- Download the penalty notice protocol
- Download the Department for Education Guidance on School Attendance.
Payment of Penalty Notices
You can pay your Penalty Notice using any of the following methods:
Pay by phone - call 01952 385220 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, you will need your credit/debit card details, Penalty Notice number and your contact details to hand.
Pay by post - send a cheque made payable to Telford & Wrekin Council to: Attendance Support team, Telford & Wrekin Council, Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford, TF3 4JA. Please write your name, address and Penalty Notice number on the back of the cheque.
Pay in person - by attending Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford, TF3 4JA.
Last updated: 28/04/2022 15:28