Your child, or children, may qualify for Free School Meals if you meet the following criteria:
- you or your partner (if you have one) have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin,
and you get any of the following:
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get),
- Income Support,
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190),
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit),
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Each school receives a weekly list showing the names of all children who are entitled to Free School Meals.
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2025. This is linked to the expected roll-out date of Universal Credit.
Last updated: 29/08/2023 13:28