Your child, or children, may qualify for Free School Meals if you meet the following criteria:
- you or your partner have a child for whom you receive Child Benefit and who is attending a school or college in Telford and Wrekin
and you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income gross income of no more than £16,190)
- support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit (guaranteed credit)
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Each school receives a weekly register showing the names of all children who are entitled to Free School Meals.
Should your circumstances change, for example you start work, increase your working hours to more than 16 a week, or cease being entitled to Income Support or Job Seeker's Allowance, you must notify us immediately.
Each school has the right to ask you to repay the value of any school meals that your child has been given for free, if they were not entitled to those meals.
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the current phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Last updated: 11.34am on Monday 8 April 2019