In accordance with English Law, permission to erect a memorial can only be granted to the owner of the Right of Burial (the person named on the Deed of Grant) or another person who has the owner's written authority to do so.
For safety reasons, only memorial masons that are registered with Telford & Wrekin Council are permitted to install or carry out work (including additional inscriptions) to headstones in Telford & Wrekin-managed cemeteries.
- View the list of permitted stonemasons.
- Download the application form to apply for a stonemasons licence, if you wish to work within Telford and Wrekin managed cemeteries.
Before choosing a headstone, please ensure that you know which type of grave you have a grant of deed for, as there are restrictions on the size and type - dependent on the type of plot that has been purchased.
- View information about the different types of grave.
- Download the application form for approval to erect monuments, engrave inscriptions
- Any unauthorised headstones may be removed without notice and charges for their removal applied.
- Although the risk of damage to your memorial is very low, it is strongly recommended that you take out an insurance policy to cover any eventuality. Your chosen stonemason will most likely be able to assist you purchase the appropriate cover.
- We regularly carry out safety inspections of all headstones and memorials, and will take action to temporarily make safe a headstone when required to do so - in accordance with our Memorial Safety Policy.
Last updated: 12/02/2021 16:18