Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Concessionary travel

If you live permanently in Telford and Wrekin, and you feature within at least one of the groups listed below, you may be entitled to concessionary travel:

  • since 6 April 2010, the age of eligibility for concessionary travel for women has been their State Pension age, and for men it has been the State Pension age of a woman born on the same day.
    Visit the GOV.UK website to check your State Pension age
    • (when using this service, remember to tick 'female' even if you are male)
  • you are registered blind or are partially-sighted, having either total or a high degree of visual loss
  • you are profoundly or severely deaf and/or without speech
  • you have a disability or injury that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
  • you have no arms, or have long term loss of the use of both arms
  • you have a learning disability
  • you have been prevented from holding, or would be refused, a driving licence under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988 under Section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) on grounds other than the persistent mis-use of drugs or alcohol.

Last updated: 14/04/2022 18:20

  1. Introduction
  2. Eligibility
  3. How do I apply
  4. Contact