Please follow the links below to view more information or guidance regarding the following:
The Constitution - The Council's 'Rule Book'
The Constitution sets out how the Council operates and how decisions are made. This is where you will find meeting procedure rules, the terms of reference for each Committee and details of which Committee has responsibility for which Council function.
Public Participation at Meetings
Some meetings have protocols in place to allow participation by the public.
- View information about public questions at full council meetings.
- Download the guide to full council meetings.
- Download the guide to public speaking at planning committee.
- Download the frequently asked questions about planning committee.
- Download the guide to public speaking at health and well-being board.
- View information about filming, photography, recording and use of social networking at meetings.
Petitioning is another way for individuals, community groups and organisations to participate in the democratic process.
Councillors and Standards of Conduct
All Councillors are subject to a Code of Conduct, which places obligations on them in the way they carry out their duties as a Councillor and sets out the standards of conduct required.
- View information about the Councillor Code of Conduct.
- View information about Councillors' register of interests.
You may also be interested to view information about your local Councillors.
The scrutiny handbook provides an overview of scrutiny and sets out in detail the scrutiny process.
Last updated: 19/04/2023 14:50