As a Co-operative Council we believe our residents have an important role to play in volunteering and supporting the local community.
Becoming a volunteer can be personally rewarding and help you to 'give something back' to your community, examples of just some of the ways you can volunteer are:
- caring for a friend or member of the family
- caring for animals and wildlife
- setting up a volunteer scheme at your workplace
- spending time mentoring and befriending a young person
- working outdoors to improve the environment
- working on local community projects
- becoming a school or college governor.
As a volunteer you can give your time to help charities and community groups make a difference, but volunteering can also provide you with many benefits too, including:
- the chance to have fun doing something you've never tried before
- increased confidence
- a sense of satisfaction and achievement
- the opportunity to make new friends and contacts with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- increased job and career prospects and new skills - over 70 per cent of employers would hire a candidate with volunteering experience over someone who has never volunteered.
So why not give it a try!
Last updated: 31/05/2018 21:58