Our guides and resources provide a useful reference to help you develop the way you manage volunteers from finding volunteers to retaining them. These guidelines are intended to assist organisations with the effective management of volunteers.
Good practice does not require any specialist knowledge. It mostly involves common sense and the imaginative ability to put yourself in the position of a volunteer.
These guides give you information on how to develop fulfilling and meaningful volunteering experiences in a fair, safe and supportive environment. It will help you to develop good practice in volunteer management in all the stages of your volunteering.
- Plan, plan, plan
- Writing a volunteer policy
- Diversity and volunteering
- Creating a volunteer role
- Volunteering role description template
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment record sheet template
Management and support
- Induction and training
- Support and supervision
- Volunteer contact record template
- Group supervision guidelines
Last updated: 10.29am on Thursday 21 March 2019