Licensing Privacy Notice General Data Protection Regulations – Business and Planning Act 2020
What we will do with your Personal Information?
Telford & Wrekin Council’s Licensing Service is collecting your personal information for the purpose of meeting the statutory requirements of the Business and Planning Act 2020.
Telford & Wrekin Council will not share any of your personal data collected with external organisations unless required to do so by law when your data may be shared with other regulatory bodies.
For further details on the council’s privacy arrangements please view the privacy page on the council's website page.
Before applying you must ensure that you have carefully read the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions. View information about the eligibility criteria for a Pavement Licence and view the conditions for a Pavement Licence before you apply. This will determine whether you are able to meet the requirements and apply for a Pavement Licence.
Before you complete the application form, please note that that you will need to upload documents to accompany the application. These will include:
- an illustration/photo of the type, colour and dimensions of the proposed street furniture.
- a plan with the proposed licensed area outlined in blue, the plan must show measurements given in metres:
- the width of the frontage of the applicants premises
- the distance from the frontage of the premises to the nearest edge of the proposed licensed area
- the length of each side of the proposed licensed area.
- the plan must clearly identify the proposed licensed area and show the positioning of all furniture within that area. The plan must also show the proposed licence area in relation to the frontages of adjacent or nearby premises.
- a copy of your public liability insurance to an amount of £5,000,000 or above. The insurance must clearly state that cover includes the outside areas where your tables and chairs will be situated.
- pay the relevant fee of £100
- complete a Highways Management Plan. Download the Highway Management Plan.
Please complete the application form when you have everything in place:
On the same day that applicants submit the application and in order to comply with the ‘Act’, you will be required to:
- Download the public notice template for a Pavement Licence which you are required to complete and display on your premises so that it is clearly visible to members of the public to view without entering the premises. The Notice must be A4 in size and printed on a clear white background. Please note that the applicant must ensure the notice remains in place for the public consultation period which is the period of 5 working days beginning with the day after the day the application is submitted to the authority.
Last updated: 19/07/2022 09:40