What we will do with your Personal Information
Telford & Wrekin Council’s Licensing Service is collecting your personal information for the purpose of meeting the statutory requirements of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976. Telford & Wrekin Council will not share any of your personal data collected with external organisations unless required to do so by law when your data may be shared with other regulating bodies. However, there may be occasions where we request further information from key third party organisations such as other regulating bodies.
Purchase a vehicle from the Council's approved list of hackney carriage or private hire vehicles.
- Download the approved Hackney Carriage Vehicles list
- Download the Approved Private Hire Vehicles list.
Prepare the vehicle for the Council's compliance test. Please ensure you refer to and download the Council's Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy.
Visit the Just MOT's website to contact the Council's approved garage, Donnington Wood MOT and Training Centre to pay for and arrange a compliance test. To book a convenient appointment, please contact 01952 606456.
Complete the Council's online vehicle licence application form and pay the licence fee.
Please note you will need to upload the following documents to accompany your application:
- V5 form
- Valid insurance certificate
- Basic Disclosure Certificate (or enhanced disclosure certificate/reference number for the DBS update service for existing drivers)
- Certificate of Vehicle Type Approval (New Applications only)
- Certification for wheelchair fittings, ramps and tail lifts (for accessible vehicles) (New Applications only)
Pay for the Vehicle Licence by debit/credit card online by visiting the eStore payment system or by telephoning 01952 381818.
Last updated: 01/04/2021 13:07