What we will do with your personal information
Telford & Wrekin Council’s Licensing Service is collecting your personal information for the purpose of meeting the statutory requirements of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976. Telford & Wrekin Council will not share any of your personal data collected with external organisations unless required to do so by law when your data may be shared with other regulating bodies. However, there may be occasions where we request further information from key third party organisations such as other regulating bodies.
For further details on the council’s privacy arrangements please view the privacy page on the council’s website.
Covid-19 - Process for Expiry of Vehicle Licences as of 30 March 2020
Licence Renewal Applications
If your Private Hire Vehicle Licence is due to expire between 30 March and 30 September 2020 and you submit an application to renew that licence between these dates, the following procedure applies to you.
If you are not currently working, but you think that you might want to begin working, please submit your renewal application at least 10 working days before your licence expires. This is due to the fact that some Licensing staff could be deployed on other duties during the pandemic crisis. You will not be able to work if your licence has expired and you have not renewed it. Any licences which expire between 30 March and 30 September 2020 and which lapse (are not renewed) will be processed as renewals if applications are submitted after the expiry date and before 31 October 2020.
This procedure is subject to review either when the Coronavirus crisis ends or on 30 September 2020, whichever is sooner.
Renewal Application for Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Vehicles
Vehicle proprietors will be expected to submit applications to Neighbourhood Services as normal but the following will apply:-
- There will be no licence fee to pay.
- The licence, if granted, will expire on 30th September 2020.
- In accordance with GOV.UK guidance, the vehicle must have a current MoT in place at 30 March 2020. Telford & Wrekin Council will not require the vehicle to be Compliance Tested. The vehicle owner must keep the vehicle safe to drive (‘roadworthy’) and compliant with Telford & Wrekin Council licence conditions. It is worth noting that a licensed vehicle could be unsafe even if your MOT expiry date has been extended. If the vehicle does not have a current MoT in place at 30 March 2020, the licence will not be granted.
- You licence will be emailed to your Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Operator
- You must display a copy of your licence in your vehicle.
Prepare the vehicle for the Council's compliance test (if applicable). Please ensure you refer to Council's Manual of Inspection Standards.
Contact the Council's approved garage, Donnington Wood MOT and Training Centre to pay for and arrange a compliance test. To book a convenient appointment, please contact 01952 606456.
Complete the Council's online vehicle renewal licence application form. Please note you will need to upload the following documents to accompany your application:
- V5 document (vehicle log book)
- MOT certificate
- compliance inspection sheet
- certificate of insurance.
Pay for the Vehicle Renewal Licence at eStore.
Contact the Licensing Service to make an appointment to collect and sign for your vehicle licence.
Last updated: 12.19pm on Friday 3 April 2020