Summer Bank holiday bin collection day changes
Your recycling and waste collection day will change over the summer bank holiday, collection day changes will start from Monday 29 August, please make sure you check your revised collection day before presenting your containers for their scheduled collection.
|Normal day||Revised collection day|
|Monday 29 August 2022||Tuesday 30 August 2022 (day later)|
|Tuesday 30 August 2022||Wednesday 31 August 2022 (day later)|
|Wednesday 31 August 2022||Thursday 1 September 2022 (day later)|
|Thursday 1 September 2022||Friday 2 September 2022 (day later)|
|Friday 2 September 2022||Saturday 3 September 2022 (day later)|
Please note: collection days return to normal from Monday 5 September 2022.
Tips for your recycling collection
- Large card cannot fit in the back of the collection vehicles, so if you can please try to tear this down to the size of the blue bag and secure inside or underneath your blue bag.
- Food waste - there is still 31% of food waste in the boroughs red top bins. If you don't have a caddy, please complete the online form to order one for free, remember food waste is collected every week.
- Don't forget the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) are open during the bank holiday , please visit our webpage for more information about visiting the HRCs, including tips on how to pack your boot and take a look at the live queue camera.
- If your bins were presented for 7am on your scheduled collection day on the footpath nearest the edge of your property, or if we have an agreement to collect these from your property, and they have been missed, please let us know and complete our online form to report a missed bin collection.
- Collection day reminders - why not sign up for our free weekly email reminder, you will receive an email the day before your scheduled collection to remind you what containers to present the following day for 7am.
Last updated: 14/06/2022 14:46