Report a missed collection online
Please note only report a missed collection if your collection has been genuinely missed, view advice on the possible reasons your bin/containers have not been emptied.
Handy hints when completing the online form
- Ensure you include your name, address and daytime contact details when completing the form.
- Include details of where the bin/containers are, sometimes a different collection crew are be sent back and may not be familiar with the street/road collection points.
- Large card?
- If you have large card the collection crew can only collect this if it is no larger than the size of a wheelie bin, please ensure your large card is torn/folded down to the size of the wheelie bin and secure it next to your blue bag on your next recycling collection day, alternatively you can take your large card to either of the household recycling centres (HRCs) or arrange a bulk collection, if possible, please keep the cardboard dry to help with the recycling process. Please ensure any polystyrene is removed from the cardboard and placed in the red top bin.
Reporting a missed bin outside normal office hours
If you are making this request outside normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm), on a weekend or bank holiday it will be dealt with on the next working day.
When will my bin get re-collected?
- Our contractors have until 5pm, the next working day, to return to the missed collection, please note the next working day for missed collections reported on a Friday will be the following Monday.
- Veolia only collect containers on a Saturday if there has been a Bank Holiday and collections are a day later.
- You must ensure that your missed containers are placed at the agreed collection point, when reporting your missed collection.
- If our contractors have reported a problem with your collection, you may receive an automated email to advise you of this. If you disagree with this, you will need to call our Contact Centre on 01952 384384.
- You may also be contacted by a member of the Recycling and Waste team, so please ensure you provide up to date day time contact details.
Last updated: 30/09/2022 09:13