Easter bin collection day changes
Your recycling and waste collection day will change over the Easter bank holiday, so please make sure you check for any revised changes before putting your containers out.
Collection day changes start from Monday 10 April 2022.
|Normal day||Revised collection day|
|Monday 3 April 2023||Monday 3 April 2023 (no change)|
|Tuesday 4 April 2023||Tuesday 4 April 2023 (no change)|
|Wednesday 5 April 2023||Wednesday 5 April 2023 (no change)|
|Thursday 6 April 2023||Thursday 6 April 2023 (no change)|
|Friday 7 April 2023 (Good Friday)||Friday 7 April 2023 - Good Friday (no change)|
|Monday 10 April 2022 (Easter Monday)||Tuesday 11 April 2023 (day later)|
|Tuesday 11 April 2023||Wednesday 12 April 2023 (day later)|
|Wednesday 12 April 2023||Thursday 13 April 2023 (day later)|
|Thursdau 13 April 2023||Friday 14 April 2023 (day later)|
|Friday 14 April 2023||Saturday 15 April 2023 (day later)|
Please note: collection days return to normal from Monday 17 April 2022.
Easter tips for your recycling collection
- Don't forget you can recycle your foil and any plastic egg mould packaging in the purple top bin.
- Easter egg cardboard boxes can be recycled inside your blue bag, don't forget to take out any plastic packaging first.
- Large card cannot fit in the back of the collection vehicles, so if you can please ensure your large card is torn/folded down to the size of the wheelie bin and secure it next to your blue bag. Alternatively you can take large card to either household recycling centres (HRCs).
- Glittery or metallic card cannot be recycled in the blue bag, please place this inside the red top bin.
- Food waste - there is still 31% of food waste in the boroughs red top bins. If you don't have a caddy, please complete the online form to order one for free, remember food waste is collected every week.
- Don't forget the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) are open during the bank holiday, please visit our webpage for more information about visiting the HRCs, including tips on how to pack your boot and take a look at the live queue camera.
- If your bins were presented for 7am on your scheduled collection day on the footpath nearest the edge of your property, or if we have an agreement to collect these from your property, and they have been missed, please let us know and complete our online form to report a missed bin collection.
- Collection day reminders - why not sign up for our free weekly email reminder, you will receive an email the day before your scheduled collection to remind you what containers to present the following day for 7am.
Last updated: 09/01/2023 13:05