Household recycling centres are open with site rules in place
Updated 19 March 2021
From Monday 22 March 2021 until Sunday 6 June 2021, the HRC opening hours are being temporarily extended from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week.
Household recycling centres at Halesfield and Hortonwood are expected to be busy, with queues at times. In accordance with Government guidelines, social distancing must be observed for everyone's safety. Visitors are advised to wear face coverings during their visit.
We remind you to please think carefully before you decide to visit the site. Non-essential use puts yourself, other members of the public and our staff at risk from spreading coronavirus COVID-19. Please continue to use all the kerbside recycling and waste collection services as much as possible.
If you do need to visit the recycling centres, be prepared to queue, please be patient and follow the site rules, ensuring that you stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or support bubble.
Site rules will be displayed on site. Please also follow the advice of the operatives on the ground as they are there to help you.
View the queue
View the queue cameras are available at both HRCs. Please note the camera will show if there is a queue at the entrance to the site, not how long the queue is. Queues are unpredictable and change quickly.
Plan your visit
To speed up your visit to the sites, separate your items before heading out, this will enable you to complete your visit quickly and safely, especially if you are not familiar with the location of the recycling/disposal containers at the sites, please download a site map, this will really help plan your journey effectively and efficiently.
Site rules in place
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms must not visit our HRC site. Visit the NHS website to find out the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Priority will be given to Telford and Wrekin residents - proof of address will be required for spot checking purposes.
- The public must respect the 2 metre rule both from staff and other site users and are advised to wear face coverings.
- Depending on the size of your vehicle, you may require an e-permit to visit our HRCs. This also applies to vehicles with trailers. View more information about E-permits and the vehicle types allowed at our HRCs.
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted.
- Veolia staff will be unable to assist with unloading vehicles.
- Pedestrians walking in with waste will not be permitted.
- View the frequently asked questions about the HRCs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that the extra rules and guidelines in place may cause delays and we ask you to be patient. Our staff are working hard in difficult circumstances to keep the sites operating and from the 22 March 2021 until the 6 June 2021, we will have temporarily extended the opening hours from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week. We ask you to treat the HRC team and other users with respect at all times.
Operatives are following Government and industry guidance on personal hygiene and you are urged to do the same by using hand sanitiser and washing your hands on your return home, remember 'Hands - Face - Space'.
Telford and Wrekin HRCs cannot legally accept business or trade waste, e.g. waste from a builder or other tradesman carrying our work to a house he does not live in, waste from a landlord of a property, or someone offering to clear any rubbish from a house which isn't their own.
Last updated: 19/03/2021 07:52