Household Recycling Centres are open with site rules in place. (Updated 25 September 2020)
Recycling centres at Halesfield and Hortonwood are expected to be busy with queues at times, so please think carefully about whether you need to visit the sites, please continue to use all the recycling and waste collection services as much as possible.
The number of vehicles allowed on site at any one time has had to be reduced in line with Government guidelines so if you can’t store your waste safely, be prepared to queue, follow the site rules and please be patient.
Veolia will be operating on site with the following rules. There are also specific rules for each site which will be displayed on site. Please ensure you are familiar with the rules and follow the advice of the operatives on the ground as they are there to help you.
View the queue
View the queue cameras are available at both HRCs. Please note the camera will show if there is a queue at the entrance to the site, not how long the queue is. Queues are unpredictable and change quickly.
Plan your visit
Separate your items before you visit the site to enable you to complete your visit quickly and safely, download the site maps to help plan your journey.
Rules in place will include:
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptom's MUST NOT visit our HRC sites.
- Priority will be given to Telford and Wrekin residents - proof of address will be required for spot checking purposes.
- A strict limit to the number of vehicles allowed on site at any one time.
- Cars with trailers and larger vehicles (including vans and pickups) will require an E-permit to use the sites. Please check before you visit to confirm whether you will need an E-permit.
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted.
- The public must respect the strict 2 metre rule both from staff and other site users.
- Veolia staff will be unable to assist with unloading vehicles.
- Pedestrians walking in with waste will not be accepted.
Please note that the extra rules and guidelines in place will inevitably cause delays and we ask you to be patient. Our staff are working hard in difficult circumstances to keep the sites operating and we ask you to treat them with respect at all times.
Veolia takes their responsibility for your health and safety and that of their staff very seriously. Operatives are following Government and industry guidance on personal hygiene and you are urged to do the same by using hand sanitiser and washing your hands on your return home.
Telford and Wrekin HRCs cannot legally accept business or trade waste, e.g. waste from a builder or other tradesman carrying our work to a house he does not live in, waste from a landlord of a property, or someone offering to clear any rubbish from a house which isn't their own.
We remind you to please think carefully before you decide to visit the site. Non-essential use puts yourself, other members of the public and our staff at risk from spreading coronavirus COVID-19.
Last updated: 29/09/2020 12:15