We want to hear from you about your experiences, good or bad, as it is an important way of recognising good service, putting things right and sorting out problems - both for you and everyone else that uses our services.
Sometimes we do make mistakes, so if you are not happy with a service you have received from us, we want to know about it. We will look into your complaint, let you know the outcome and take steps to put things right as soon as we can.
What you can expect from us
- We aim to acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days. We aim to acknowledge your request for a Stage 2 investigation within five days.
- Our target for Stage 1 complaints is to give you a full response within 15 working days. However, if your complaint is complicated, it may take longer to sort out - but we will keep you informed.
- Our target for Stage 2 complaints is to give you a full response within 25 working days. However, if it's not possible to respond within this timescale, it may be extended to 65 working days for complex matters.
- We will treat your complaint confidentially and fairly, and you should not be treated negatively as a result of making a complaint.
Unhappy with the response you have received?
If you remain unhappy with the response you have received, you will be informed in writing of what other avenues of redress remain available to you. If you have exhausted the complaints procedure and you are still not satisfied, you can approach the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman or in some cases the Housing Ombudsman Service (you will be advised as appropriate).
If you would like further information about the complaints process, please contact the Customer Relationship team.
- Download our complaints procedures
- View information about our Customer Contract
- Download complaint and compliment annual reports.
Please note: children’s social care complaints and adult social care complaints are dealt with in line with the appropriate procedures and legislation:
- View information about Children’s Social Care complaints
- View information about Adult Social Care complaints.
Please note: complaints about the actions or decisions on the part of the council in relation to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) will now be dealt with in line with the Policy and Procedure for Complaints involving Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
- View information about the procedure for complaints about the actions or decisions on the part of the council in relation to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
Please note: if you are complaining about the council as you landlord, your complaint will now be dealt in line with the Policy and Procedure for Complaints from Council Tenants.
Last updated: 09/08/2023 17:34