We want to hear from you about your experiences, good or bad, as it is an important way of recognising good service, putting things right and sorting out problems - both for you and everyone else that uses our services.
Sometimes we do make mistakes, so if you are not happy with a service you have received from us, we want to know about it. We will look into your complaint, let you know the outcome and take steps to put things right as soon as we can.
What you can expect from us
- We aim to acknowledge your complaint within two working days. We aim to acknowledge your request for a Stage 2 investigation within five days.
- Our target for Stage 1 complaints is to give you a full response within 15 working days. However, if your complaint is complicated, it may take longer to sort out - but we will keep you informed.
- Our target for Stage 2 complaints is to give you a full response within 25 working days. However, if it's not possible to respond within this timescale, it may be extended to 65 working days for complex matters.
- We will treat your complaint confidentially and fairly, and you should not be treated negatively as a result of making a complaint.
- We carry out our compliments, comments and complaints processes in line with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Where we are at fault, we will do our best to put things right.
Unhappy with the response you have received?
If you remain unhappy with the response you have received, you will be informed in writing of what other avenues of redress remain available to you. If you have exhausted the complaints procedure and you are still not satisfied, you can approach the Local Government Ombudsman.
If you would like further information about the complaints, process please contact us.
Last updated: 8.45am on Thursday 13 February 2020