Three and four year olds will be eligible if their parents are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- universal credit
- income support
- income-based jobseekers allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of state pension credit
- free school meals and the EYPP - new 'Net earnings threshold of £7,400', to come into force from 1 April 2018.
In addition, a child will be eligible if they:
- have been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- have been adopted from care
- have left care through special guardianship; and
- are subject to a child arrangement order.
Last updated: 16/10/2020 15:08