Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Change in your circumstances

Please tell us about any change in your circumstances straight away. If you don't, you may end up paying the wrong amount of Council Tax.

Changes you must tell us about include:

This is not a complete list. If you think a change may affect your Council Tax, please tell us anyway.

You can use our online service, My Council Tax, to apply for (or cancel) a Single Person Discount, notify us of a change of address, set up a Direct Debit or change your current Direct Debit.

My Council Tax

Failure to notify us of any changes

If you fail to notify us promptly of any information that may affect your entitlement to a discount or exemption without good reason, it may result in a £70 penalty being added to your Council Tax bill.

Other penalties or sanctions may also be imposed in relation to Council Tax Reduction fraud

Last updated: 02/05/2024 12:49

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact