As part of the Council’s ongoing investment into its roads and footpaths, we will shortly be carrying out works on the A41, from Forton Roundabout to Buttermilk Hill (Telford and Wrekin’s Northern Boundary with Shropshire). These works will include Carriageway Resurfacing and Patching, Ironwork Reinstatement, Drainage improvements/repairs, Road Sweeping, Gully Cleansing, Tree Felling, Litter Picking and improvements / maintenance to the Signing and Lining along this section. The programme of works is due to commence on A41 on 24 July 2023 to 3 September 2023 under 24 hour closures. The work is, however, weather dependant and the programme dates shown may be subject to change.
The funding for the work has come from the Council’s highway capital programme as part of its ‘Pride in Our Community’ programme to make the borough a better place to live, work and visit.
The project is being delivered by Telford & Wrekin Council's principal contractor Balfour Beatty and Idverde with associated sub-contractors.
Managed vehicle crossing points to intersect the A41 east to west and vice versa will be in place throughout the works at:
- Chetwynd; Chetwynd Road – Puleston
- Standford Bridge; Howle – Sambrook
- Closed - access to A41 from Marsh Road will be closed for the duration of the scheme.
Businesses along the route will be open as usual and access will be maintained by on-site Traffic Management operatives. Access will be maintained for residents.
These works are part of a two year improvement scheme for the A41. Further works will be taking place in the summer of 2024.
Detailed works programme
- Road closures will be used at the site with appropriate diversion signage as this allows for works to be completed quickly, safely, and efficiently and to minimise disruption.
- Site specific designs and diversion routes can be found below.
- Where closures are in force, a diversion will be signed on site.
- Advanced information signs will be placed on each site 2 weeks prior to works commencing.
- Start date: 24 July 2023.
- End date: 3 September 2023.
Proposed traffic management arrangements
Traffic will be managed by using a 24 hour road closure and diversion (for further details please see diversion plan and works information drawing attached), which will be clearly signed throughout the works.
If you have any special access requirements while the works are in progress or need to contact Balfour Beatty about these improvements please contact us at our new Telford Highways Hub: TelfordHighwaysHub@Balfourbeatty.com and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly.
Last updated: 11/08/2023 11:47